Why custom-designed jewelry might be right for you
You have your own style, or you’re ready to buck tradition. Maybe you loathe mass-produced anything, or simply want something that speaks to you. But how do you find a designer who you can trust with this most personal of challenges?
Here are some guidelines:
- Jewelry should first reflect your lifestyle, practically and aesthetically. Learning about you is a priority.
- You deserve access to world-wide sources for hard-to-find gemstones, ensuring you have the widest selection, not just what is in the display case that day.
- Search out someone with a record of design excellence recognized by professional organizations.
- A good designer will take your budget into account, offering a variety of options.
- Your designer should be able to use recycled gold and ethically source gems, including Canadian diamonds and fair trade stones. All work should be performed in the U.S.
- It’s a process, and you should have confidence in it. A great designer finds the perfect gems (maybe even your heirlooms), provides sketches for your approval, carves a wax model you can try on, then assigns the right goldsmith for your design.
Karen Bandy is someone with these skills and capabilities. Call Karen at 541.388.0155 or fill out the form below and you’re on your way to a very personal gift for yourself or a loved one.